7.10.2017

1 year since I've quit my job

It's been exactly one year since I've quit my call center job and I can't believe time has gone by so quickly.  Feels like only a few months have past.  This is significant to me because that job brought out the worst of my depression and anxiety.  If you read any of my posts from 2015, and some from 2014 you'll probably be able to read how desperate I was to escape.  If I had gotten help it probably wouldn't have escalated as bad as it did but as we all know insurance is incredibly confusing and annoying. đŸ˜©

Since then I've gone through  many changes and experiences and I want to list all that I've accomplished so far.

1. Lost weight 💕 At that job I went from 130 pounds to 153+.  I never worked out, ate like a pig, and didn't care.  After quitting funnily enough what inspired me to lose weight was a Korean model I follow on Instagram.  I've always wanted to lose weight but never tried out of laziness.  Seeing her inspired me.  I wanted to be gorgeous too, and healthy and thin.  So I changed my eating lifestyle, started working out, and now my weight is maintained at 115 pounds.  

The smallest I've ever been in my life. 

2. I'm almost done with my book, for real! 💓 I've been blogging about it for YEARS.  Saying it's almost done, I'll be publishing it soon, blah blah blah.  This time it's serious and this is the furthest I've come to finishing it.  I'm editing it now and if things go like I have planned it'll be out early next year.  This will be the biggest accomplishment of my life and I'm making sure this happens.

3. Got help 💖 This is self explanatory, I got help for my mental illnesses although I could be doing way more but I'm working on it. 

4. I'm prettier 💝 This is weird to say, I'm sure I was "pretty" when I worked at my old job but I didn't feel that way.  I have a picture from 2015 of me at work and I looked awful.  A bloated face, acne, ugly clothes, my hair hidden in a hat.  Sad with lowered self esteem basically.  Now I love looking in the mirror 😂 not only at my face but the changes in my body.  Since I'm dead broke most of the time I barely have a skincare routine yet my skin is glowing and acne is rare.  There are little changes I'd like to make in myself but for now (since I'm broke) I'm satisfied.

5. I'm not homeless 💘 I thank God for this apartment complex I chose to live in because although it's not the most beautiful place in the world the people here are so understanding.  I'm constantly late with my payments and yet they're very flexible and don't hound me.  For renters I feel that's rare that's why I'm holding on to this place for dear life.  My greatest fear is to have to move back in with my parents, I love being independent!

These are few of my accomplishments so far.  I'm glad I was able to get benefits because I definitely don't know what I would've done without this assistance.  Now I'm at the end of getting those and will have to start looking for a job.  I'm nervous but I'm ready to work again and now I know what kind of job is best for me. (nothing customer service or call center related!)  Getting back in the workforce is a good thing for me because I'll be able to fund my book fees and finally get caught up with my rent (and other bills).  I also hate being stuck in my apartment all day.  I'm more than ready to start work again!  I hope to get a job at least by the end of August. 😓 

I hope this post inspires others, don't be afraid to take drastic measures but also be smart about it. 😉

-Lanelle 


2 comments: